All Purpose Hybrid Sealant ALSEAL AS-4021
$16.00 – $290.00
AS-4021 is a single-component, high-performance sealant based on advanced MS Polymer technology. It is excellent in UV, weather and temperature resistance. Its adhesion over a wide variety of substrates is very good and is paintable with most types of common industrial paints.
All Purpose Hybrid Sealant ALSEAL AS-4021
All Purpose Hybrid Sealant ALSEAL AS-4021 is a single-component, high-performance sealant based on advanced MS Polymer technology. It is solvent, silicone, and isocyanate free. It is excellent in UV, weather and temperature resistance. Its adhesion over a wide variety of substrates is very good and is paintable with most types of common industrial paints.
ALSEAL AS-4021 is suitable for high strength sealing or bonding in construction, automotive, marine, and industrial applications. It
works on various substrates like plastics, metals, rubber, natural materials (wood, plywood, leather, cloths,
paperboard, etc.) & inorganics (concrete, mortar, natural stone, tile, glass, porcelain, etc.).
- High strength and elastic
- Good UV resistance
- Free of silicone – Paintable
- Free of solvent– No shrinkage
- Bonds most substrates without primer
More information about product www.alseal.com.au
Cartridge, 20 pcs cartridges box
Curing system: Moisture curing
Density: Approx. 1.48 g/mL
Tensile at break (ASTM D412) : >1.8 N/mm²
Tensile at break (ISO 8339) : 0.60 N/mm² (6.2 kgf/cm²)
Elongation at break (ASTM D412) : >400 %
Lap shear strength (ASTM D1002) : >1.0 N/mm² (Al to Al)
Shore A hardness (ASTM C661): 35 – 45
VOC content (USEPA Test Method 24) : <10 g/L
1. Surfaces must be clean, dry and free of dirt, grease, oil or water.
2. Surfaces should be cleaned with alcohol, M.E.K. or other suitable solvents. Do not use soap or detergent.
3. For a neat finishing, apply masking tape and remove it before sealant skins over.
4. Cut the tip off and puncture the internal foil seal with the nozzle. Cut the nozzle at 45° angle to the desired dead-width and apply the sealant to substrate with a cartridge gun.
5. Tool the sealant within 5 minutes of extrusion before it skins. Tack-free in 10 minutes.
6. Uncured sealant can be cleaned up with mineral spirits.
- Wet sealants can be cleaned up with acetone or mineral spirits.
- Cured sealants can only be removed mechanically.
- The joint dimension should be designed by taking into consideration the movement capability of the sealant and the anticipated joint movement.
- Generally, the joint width-to-depth ratio is 2:1 for joint width ≥12 mm, or 1:1 for joint width <12 mm.
- Joint width: minimum = 6 mm, maximum = 35 mm. *
- Joint depth: minimum = 6 mm, maximum = 12 mm.
* Sealing joints with larger joint width is possible but sealant may sag in vertical applications.
- Calculation formula:
X / [(Y x Z) x 1.1] = Coverage
X = volume of cartridge (or sausage) in ml,
Y = joint width in cm, Z = joint depth in cm,
1.1 = 10% wastage assumption,
Coverage = lineal meter run in cm per cartridge
Not recommended for the following applications:
- Below waterline or permanent water immersion.
- Outdoor sealing/bonding adjacent to glass substrates.
- Polyethylene, polypropylene, polytetrafluoroethylene (Teflon), neoprene, and bituminous surfaces.
- Overcoated with:
– Alkyd resin paint – cure inhibition to the paint
– Chlorinated paint – staining issue
– Oil-based paint – not compatible
- Used in trafficable joints greater than 10 mm in width. For trafficable joint above 10 mm width, a steel cover plate is required.
Every endeavor has been made to ensure that the information given herein is true and reliable but it is given only for the guidance of our customers. The company cannot accept any responsibility for the loss or damage that may result from the use of the information, due to the possibility of variations of processing or working conditions and of workmanship outside our control. Users are advised to confirm the suitability of this product by their own tests.
Keep out of reach of children. Contains aminosilane. May produce an allergic reaction. Safety data sheet available on request. For further health and safety information, consult the latest safety data sheet.