ALSEAL AS-206 Bathroom & Sanitary Sealant is a one-component, mildew-resistant, 100% neutral-cure silicone sealant formulated for applications in areas with high humidity and temperature. The fungal resistance property of this sealant has been tested against ASTM G21-02 and found to have a strong fungistatic effect. It will cure to form a durable, flexible, waterproof seal on most common wet area building materials. It is tested to have a low VOC content, in compliance with the SCAQMD Rule 1168 (Adhesive and Sealant Applications).
AS-206 Bathroom & Sanitary Sealant widely use for grouting ceramic tiles, bedding tile accessories and sealing showerheads, tubs, rimless, sinks, kitchen and bathroom fixtures.
- 100% neutral silicone
- ASTM G21 tested
- Mildew resistant (Anti-fungus
- Permanently flexible
- Indoor and outdoor use
More information about product www.alseal.com.au
20 pcs sausages box, 24 pcs cartridges box, Cartridge, Sausage
Curing system: Moisture curing, neutral
Specific gravity: 0.98 – 1.02
Slump (ASTM D2202): <1 mm
Tensile strength (ASTM D412): >0.9 N/mm²
Elongation at break (ASTM D412): >300 %
Shore A hardness (ASTM C661): 20 – 30
Anti-fungal testing (ASTM G21): 0 ratings (No growth)
VOC content (USEPA Method 24): ~25 g/L
1. Surfaces must be clean, dry and free of dirt, grease, oil or water.
2. Surfaces should be cleaned with alcohol, M.E.K. or other suitable solvents. Do not use soap or detergent.
3. For a neat finish, apply masking tape and remove it before sealant skins over.
4. Cut nozzle at 45° angle to the desired bead-width and apply to a substrate with a cartridge gun.
5. Tool the sealant within 10 minutes of extrusion before it skins. Tack-free in 20 minutes.
6. Uncured sealant can be cleaned up with mineral spirits.
- Wet sealants can be cleaned up with acetone or mineral spirits.
- Cured sealants can only be removed mechanically.
- The specified sealant bead size should be calculated to comply with the compression and extension capabilities of the sealant in relation to the anticipated joint width due to expansion and contraction.
- Generally, calculation of the width sealant bead should be computed on the basis of a maximum ±20 %movement capability
- Minimum joint depth should not be less than 6 mm to accommodate movement.
- Sealant design joint width-to-depth ratio should be 2:1.