ALSEAL Polycarbonate Sealant AS-209 is a one-component, 100% neutral cure silicone sealant specially formulated for polycarbonate bonding. It can bond well to the Polycarbonate even it uses an anti-scratch coating for protection. It will not cause discolouration to the standard polycarbonate material. It has excellent resistance to weathering, UV radiation, vibration, moisture, ozone, temperature extremes, airborne pollutants, and many cleaning detergents and solvents.
- Excellent bonding to polycarbonate
- No discolouration to polycarbonate
- Permanently flexible
- Indoor and outdoor use
Polycarbonate Sealant AS-209 is special for bonding and sealing polycarbonate and other plastic sheet materials in roofing and cladding applications. It will bond to form a strong weatherproof seal on most common building materials: aluminium, galvanized and zinc-coated steel, painted surfaces, glass, brick, and concrete. It is suitable for indoor and outdoor applications.
1. Surfaces must be clean, dry and free of dirt, grease, oil or water.
2. For a neat finish, apply masking tape. Remove it before sealant skins over.
3. Cut the nozzle at a 45° angle to the desired bead width and apply to a substrate with a sealant application gun.
4. Tool the sealant within 10 minutes of extrusion before it skins. Tack-free in 20 minutes.
5. Uncured sealant can be cleaned up with mineral spirits.
6. Use approved backing material for joints over 10mm deep
- The specified sealant bead size should be calculated to comply with the compression and extension capabilities of the sealant in relation to the anticipated joint width due to expansion and contraction.
- Generally, calculation of the width sealant bead should be computed on the basis of a maximum ±25 % movement capability
- The minimum bead size should not be less than 6 mm to accommodate movement.
- Sealant design joint width-to-depth ratio should be 2:1.
- Wet sealants can be cleaned up with acetone or mineral spirits.
- Cured sealants can only be removed mechanically.
24 pcs cartridges box, Cartridge
Curing system : Moisture curing, neutral
Density : 1.00 g/mL
Slump (ASTM D2202) : <1 mm
Maximum tensile strength (ASTM D412) : 1.7 N/mm²
Elongation (ASTM D412) : 420 %
Shore A hardness (ASTM C661) : 26
VOC content (USEPA Method 24) : 55.83 g/L
Product releases methylethylketoxime during application and curing. May cause an allergic skin reaction. Causes serious eye irritation. Avoid breathing vapours. Wash hands thoroughly after handling. Wear protective gloves and eye protection. IF IN EYES: Rinse continuously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses if present and easy to do – continue rinsing. If skin irritation or a rash occurs: Get medical advice/attention. If eye irritation persists: Get medical advice/attention. Keep out of reach of children. Safety data sheet available on request. For further health and safety information, consult the latest safety data sheet.