Fire Retardant Paintable Sealant AS-1001
Fire Retardant Sealant is a one-component, high-performance, acrylic-based fire-resistant sealant that provides flexibility in fire-resistant joints. It has 4 hours of fire resistance in accordance with BS EN 1366-4: 2006. The product is almost odorless and non-corrosive to metals. After application, the product forms a tough flexible elastic rubber by evaporation of water from the sealant.
- 4-hour fire rating
- Smoke, fume, and water-resistant
- Easy cleanup
- Shelf Life: 24 months
- Indoor joints with fire retardant requirements (joints between walls and ceiling, perimeter sealing of fire-rated doors and windows).
- It has good adhesion on most construction materials (concrete, plasterboard, bricks, painted wood, aluminum, etc.).
AS-1001 meets the requirements of the following specifications:
- BS EN 1366-4:2006 Fire Resistance Tests
- AS 1530.4:2014 Methods for Fire Tests on Building Materials
- Low VOC – USEPA Method 24 under SCAQMD Rule 1168
1. Surfaces must be clean, dry, and free of dirt, grease, oil, or water.
2. Surfaces should be cleaned with alcohol, M.E.K., or other suitable solvents. Do not use soap or detergent.
3. For a neat finish, apply masking tape. Remove it until the sealant surface is hardened.
4. Cut the nozzle at a 45° angle to the desired bead width and apply it to the substrate with a caulking gun.
5. Tool the sealant within 5 minutes of extrusion before it skins. Tack-free in 15 minutes.
6. Allow drying for one hour before applying water-based paint and 24 hours for oil-based paint.
7. Uncured sealant can be cleaned up with a damp cloth.
- The specified sealant bead size should be calculated. It must comply with the compression and extension capabilities of the sealant. It is in relation to the anticipated joint width due to expansion and contraction.
- The minimum bead size must be at least 3 mm. It allows accommodating movement.
- Sealant design joint width-to-depth ratio should be 2:1.
- Wet fire retardant paintable sealants are washable off with water.
- After sealants are curried can only be removed mechanically using a plastic scraper.
Fire Retardant Paintable Sealant can come in White, Grey, and Red colors. For the convenience of the user, it is available in two packages. Cartridge 450g and in a sausage 900g package.
Learn more about product www.alseal.com.au
20 pcs sausages box, 24 pcs cartridges box, Cartridge, Sausage
Grey, Red, White
|Curing system||: Water evaporation|
|Density||: 1.46 g/mL|
|Solid content||: 80 %|
|Maximum tensile strength (ASTM D412)||: 0.5 N/mm²|
|Elongation (ASTM D412)||: 100 %|
|Shore A hardness (ASTM C661)||: 39|
|VOC content (USEPA Method 24)||: 3.96 g/L|
Keep out of reach of children. Safety data sheet available on request. For further health and safety information, consult the latest safety data sheet.