Flexible Construction Joint Sealant-Adhesive ALSEAL AS-4001 is a single-component, high-performance hybrid sealant based on advanced MS Polymer technology. It is formulated to meet the stringent requirements of various joint sealing applications.
Unlike Polyurethane sealants, its weathering resistance property is much better, therefore it has a longer service life. AS-4001 is solvent-less and isocyanate-free formulation ensures that the cured sealant will not shrink or have bubbling issues. It is free of silicone oil, minimizing building aesthetic issues caused by oil-staining and dirt-streaking problems often associated with silicone sealants. The adhesion of the sealant on a wide variety of substrates is great, and it is paintable with most types of common industrial paints.
Flexible Construction Joint Sealant-Adhesive ALSEAL AS-4001 recommended for sealing concrete joints like precast wall panel joints, expansion joints, control joints, connection joints, etc. It is ideal for window frame perimeter sealing. Especially when the sealant needs to be painted. Other recommended applications include sealing of GRC panel systems, anodized aluminium, masonry, porcelain, coated metal, finished wood, epoxy and polyester panels, UPVC, polystyrene, and stainless steel.
- Good Environmental Choice Australia (GECA) certified
- ASTM C920 compliant
- ISO 11600 (F Class 25 LM) compliant
- ±50% movement capability
- Better weathering resistance compare with PU sealants
- Low static charge – Less dirt streaking
- No silicone oil – Non-staining on adjacent substrates
- Free of isocyanate – No blistering
- No solvent – No shrinkage
- Bonds most substrates without primer