Fire Retardant Silicone Sealant is a single-component, gun-grade, ready-to-use neutral silicone sealant formulated to form an elastomeric fire retardant seal in construction applications. It helps control the spread of fire, smoke, and toxic fumes within a given area surrounded by firewalls for a period of up to four hours, depending on the joint configuration.
- Fire rating up to 4 hours (BS EN 1366-4: 2006)
- ASTM C920 compliant
- ±50% movement capability
- Excellent weather and UV resistance
- Excellent adhesion to most substrates
- Matte finish
Recommended for firestop sealing of interior and exterior building and construction joints, where a fire rating of up to 4 hours is required. It may be used to seal vertical and horizontal joints between metals, masonry, concrete and other common construction materials.
- The specified sealant bead size should be calculated to comply with the compression and extension capabilities of the sealant in relation to the anticipated joint width due to expansion and contraction.
- Generally, calculation of the width sealant bead should be computed on the basis of a maximum ±50 % movement capability
- Minimum joint depth should not be less than 6 mm to accommodate movement.
- Sealant design joint width-to-depth ratio should be 2:1.
Where to buy
Alseal AS-202 Fire Retardant Silicone Sealant has been tested per AS 1530.4: 2014 test method, certified by Exova Warringtonfire Australia Pty Ltd and meets Australian building standards.
|Dimensions||25 × 6 × 6 cm|
Matt Black, Matt Grey
24 pcs cartridges box, Cartridge
Curing system : Moisture curing, neutral
Specific gravity : 1.28 g/mL
Slump (ASTM D2202) : <1 mm
Maximum tensile strength (ASTM D412) : 1.4 N/mm²
Elongation at break (ASTM D412) : 300 %
Movement capability (ASTM C719) : ±50 %
Shore A hardness (ASTM C661) : 33
VOC content (USEPA Method 24) : 43.83 g/L
VOC content (USEPA Method 310) : 3.46%
Product releases methylethylketoxime during application and curing. Contains aminosilane. May cause an allergic skin reaction. Avoid breathing vapours. Contaminated work clothing should not be allowed out of the workplace. Wear protective gloves. IF ON SKIN: Wash with soap and water. If skin irritation or a rash occurs: Get medical advice/attention. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. Keep out of reach of children. Use in well-ventilated areas. Safety data sheet available on request. For further health and safety information, consult the latest safety data sheet.