Flooring Adhesive MS Polymer AS-4030
Flooring Adhesive MS Polymer Alseal AS-4030
Flooring Adhesive MS Polymer Alseal AS-4030 is an environmentally friendly timber flooring adhesive formulated with advanced MS Polymer technology, eliminating common problems associated with traditional polyurethane adhesives. It cures under the influence of atmospheric moisture and quickly forms a strong and, elastic bond with wooden floors and wall decorative materials simultaneously. It is waterproof and not exposed to moisture or water after curing. Its elastic characteristic allows the wood floor to expand and contract without adhesion failures.
The viscosity of Flooring Adhesive makes it easy to spread the adhesive use trowel without straining hands. Its non-slump formula enables notched trowel ridges to hold firm, bridging gaps between wood flooring and subfloor and reducing floor hollowness problem. The product does not contain water and solvent which will not cause dimensional changes in wood. The product is harmless because it does not contain hazardous substances such as isocyanate and solvent. Also, ALSEAL AS-4030 has an ultra-low VOC content.
- Good Environmental Choice Australia (GECA) certified
- Singapore Green Building Product Labelling Scheme (SGBPLS) endorsed
- ATFA-compliant adhesive
- Single-component – Ready for use, no mixing required
- Resistant to aging – Permanently elastomeric
- Free of solvent – non-etching & no shrinkage
- Free of isocyanate – Non-hazardous
- 100% solid content, free of water – no dimensional changes in wood
- Notched trowel ridges hold firm – Minimize hollow spots by bridging gaps
- Rapid strength build-up and short curing time -Fast job completion
- Easy surface clean up – Easy cleaning on prefinished wood
- Non-flammable, non-hazardous, stable shelf life – Easy storage
Ideal for bonding wood floors to concrete, plywood, hardened leveling compounds, moisture vapor barriers, OSB (underlay type), chipboard, a rubber backing, drywall, ceramic tiles, stone, terrazzo, radiant floors, metal decking, steel, and aluminum.
For other applications, please contact us.
Types of Floorings
- Solid wood plank/strip
- Parquet – wood block and mosaic
- Engineered wood
- Acrylic impregnated wood
- The subfloor must be solid and structurally sound, flat, smooth, clean, and dry.
- The subfloor must be free of dust, dirt, grease, wax, loose paint, oil, sealers of ANY type, curing compounds, bond breakers, asphaltic residue, liquid adhesive remover, strippers, chemicals, or any other foreign substances that can potentially affect bonding.
- The subfloor must be flat to 3mm under a 3-meter straight edge, otherwise, it will increase the risk of hollow spots under timber overlay.
- Any existing coating or adhesives must be completely removed. Mechanical treatment (e.g. shot blasting, grinding, or sanding) may be required to achieve the subfloor conditions mentioned above.
- It is recommended to verify that the moisture content of the slab is below 4% by impedance meter (e.g. Tramex) but noting that floor installation is also subject to the wood flooring manufacturers’ requirements who may require drier slabs. Flooring manufacturers may also have other slab moisture assessment requirements including in-slab moisture assessment to ASTM F2170.
- To address possible moisture migration that can result in wood swelling or cupping, ground floor slabs, or concrete slabs that have moisture levels exceeding the flooring manufacturers requirements, or where there is sufficient uncertainty over current or future slab moisture, should have Alseal AS-2507 Epoxy Moisture Barrier applied to the slab.
- Radiant heated subfloors should be turned off 24 hours prior to and during installation to prevent premature curing of the adhesive.
- Recommended air temperature during installation – between 10°C – 35°C (50°F – 95°F), Relative Humidity – between 40% and 75%, subject to the requirements specified by the wood flooring manufacturer.
- Do not install if the walls and ceilings of the area are not dry (e.g. after plastering or painting etc.).
Usage instructions Flooring Adhesive MS Polymer AS-4030
Packs in Pail:
1. Remove the lid and cut open the foil liner. Once open, the entire contents should be used within the open time. During laying, the floorboards need to be placed into the adhesive within 30 mins and this is often 3 to 4 rows of board rows at one time.
2. Spread the adhesive with the proper notched trowel, apply uniformly on the subfloor. Avoid adhesive pools and excessive adhesive thickness by passing the trowel evenly through the adhesive at a 45-degree angle.
3. Place the wood in the adhesive within working time, correctly position it and press down firmly or tamp down with a rubber hammer to ensure good overall contact. Wood may slip and move at first so be sure to secure the initial row to limit movement and hold patterns.
4. A minimum of 80% of adhesive contact is recommended to achieve proper bonding of the flooring. Heavy objects may be used to hold the wood firmly in place during the curing time, which may also assist if there are some boards with minor bows or boards over low spots in the slab.
5. Restrict foot traffic for a minimum of 12-16 hours. Wait a minimum of 24 hours before sanding and coating.
1. Place the sausage sachet in a suitable application gun and snip off the end. Cut the tip off the nozzle to suit the application.
2. Apply the adhesive with appropriate force and speed.
3. Make sure the wood is positioned on the subfloor within the working time of the adhesive.
Note: In relying on mechanical fixing and use of beads of adhesive in applications to plywood, OSB, particleboard, joists, or battens, follow wood flooring manufacturer’s guidelines for layout, design, and any special recommendations for installation.
Ask about ALSEAL MS Polymer AS-4030 in all specialty building materials stores
- Green Building Supply (Wetherill Park 2164)
- Topdeck Flooring (Silverwater NSW 2128)
- Silver Trading Timber Flooring (Auburn NSW 2144)
- Besten Home Center (Rydalmere NSW 2116)
- Rallis Timber (Marrickville NSW 2204)
- Zealsea Timber Flooring (Brisbane QLD 4119)
- Zealsea Timber Flooring (Gold Coast QLD 4214)
- Lin’s Flooring (Woodridge QLD 4114)
Approx. 1.57 g/mL
|Tensile Strength (ASTM D412)||
|Lap Shear Strength (ASTM D1002)||
1.3 N/mm² (wood to wood)
|Elongation (ASTM D412)||
300 % – 400 %
|Shore A Hardness (ASTM C661)||
35 – 45
|VOC Content (USEPA Method 24)||
Free of water, 100% solid content
20 pcs Sausages Box, 24 kg pail, 16 kg pail