Green Nails AS-5001 is a one-component, low VOC (compliant with SCAQMD Regulation No. 1168), a paste-like construction adhesive designed to bond a variety of common building materials. It has a strong initial gripper, superior adhesion, and will not slump on vertical surfaces. It is suitable for heavy general construction, conversion, maintenance, and repair projects.
Green Nails AS-5001 ideal for bonding most construction materials: wood, OSB panel, particleboard, masonry, metal, concrete, fiber-reinforced cement board, bricks, flooring panel.
Excellent adhesion for bonding raised access floor pedestals to cement floor screed (tested with CISCA 2007-Section 6: Pedestal Overturning Moment Test).
How to use Green Nails AS-5001
- Surfaces must be clean, dry, and free of dirt, grease, oil, or water.
- For a neat finish, apply masking tape and peel off until a film forms on the construction adhesive.
- Cut tip-off and puncture the internal foil seal with nozzle. Cut the nozzle at a 45° angle to the desired bead-width and apply to the substrate with a cartridge gun.
- Two-way contact (Lighter substrate bonding): Apply adhesive to the base to bond, press firmly, and pull apart. Allow to tack-off for 10 to 30 seconds and press firmly together again. The contact areas tap with a rubber mallet to ensure intimate contact.
- One-way method (Heavier substrate bonding): Apply adhesive to the base to bond, press firmly, and securely fasten them together (clamp, nail, screw, etc.). Retain fastening for a minimum of 24 hours.
- For raised floor pedestal: Apply adhesive of 2 – 4 mm thickness to the pedestal base with a scraper. Place the pedestal onto the floor with a twisting motion. Adhesive oozed out from pedestal should not exceed 5mm. Do not reposition the pedestal after the adhesive is applied for >15 minutes. A two-way contact application method can be used to shorten curing time.
- Any wet or partially wet adhesive can be removed with a piece of cloth. The dried adhesive is best to remove with a scraper or by sanding.
Tack-free Time: <5 minutes (at 25 °C & 50% R.H)
Application temperature: -20 °C – 38 °C
Service temperature: -30 °C – 60 °C
Storage: Store in a dry and cool place with a temperature below 30 °C.
24 pcs cartridges box, Cartridge
Highly flammable liquid and vapor. May produce an allergic skin reaction. Causes serious eye irritation. Suspected of damaging fertility or the unborn child. Harmful to aquatic life with long-lasting effects. Keep away from heat, hot surfaces, sparks, open flames, and other ignition sources. No smoking. Avoid breathing smoke. Wear protective gloves and eye protection. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do – continue rinsing. If exposed or concerned: Get medical advice/attention. Keep locked up. Keep out of reach of children. A safety data sheet is available on request. See the latest safety data sheet for more information on health and safety.