ALSEAL Weatherseal Silicone Sealant AS-207 is a one-component, non-slumping high performance, 100% neutral cure silicone sealant formulated with a calcium carbonate filler system. It gives superior adhesion and durability in a wide range of glazing, weather sealing, and trade applications. It has excellent resistance to weathering, UV radiation, vibration, moisture, ozone, temperature extremes, airborne pollutants, and many cleaning detergents and solvents.
Weatherseal Silicone Sealant AS-207 is well-suited for a strong weatherproof seal on most common building materials such as aluminum, galvanized and zinc-coated steel, painted surfaces, glass, brick, and concrete. Widely used to seal external aluminum composite panels.
- 100% neutral silicone
- ASTM C920 (Class 50) compliant
- Weatherproof seal
- Permanently flexible
- Indoor and outdoor use
- Matte finish
- The specified sealant bead size should be calculated to comply with the compression and extension capabilities of the sealant in relation to the anticipated joint width due to expansion and contraction.
- Generally, calculation of the width sealant bead should be computed on the basis of a maximum ±50 % movement capability
- Minimum joint depth should not be less than 6 mm to accommodate movement.
- Silicone Sealant design joint width-to-depth ratio should be 2:1.
1. Surfaces must be clean, dry, and free of dirt, grease, oil, or water.
2. Surfaces should be cleaned with alcohol, M.E.K., or other suitable solvents. Do not use soap or detergent.
3. For a neat finish, apply masking tape and remove it before sealant skins over.
4. Cut the nozzle at a 45° angle to the desired bead width and apply it to a substrate with a sealant application gun.
5. Tool the sealant within 10 minutes of extrusion before it skins. Tack-free in 20 minutes.
6. Uncured sealant can be cleaned up with mineral spirits.
- Wet sealants can be cleaned up with acetone or mineral spirits.
- Cured sealants can only be removed mechanically.
24 pcs cartridges box, Cartridge
Matt Black, Matt Grey
Curing system : Moisture curing, neutral
Density : 1.33 g/mL
Slump (ASTM D2202) : <1 mm
Maximum tensile strength (ASTM D412) :1.3 N/mm²
Elongation (ASTM D412) : 360 %
Movement capability (ASTM C719) : ±50 %
Shore A hardness (ASTM C661) : 33
Adhesion-in-peel (ASTM C794) : >35 N
VOC content (USEPA Method 24) : 98.84 g/L
Product releases methylethylketoxime during application and curing. May cause an allergic skin reaction. Avoid breathing vapours. Contaminated work clothing should not be allowed out of the workplace. Wear protective gloves. IF ON SKIN: Wash with soap and water. If skin irritation or a rash occurs: Get medical advice/attention. Wash contaminated clothing before reuse. Keep out of reach of children. Contain aminosilane. May produce an allergic reaction. Safety data sheet available on request. For further health and safety information, consult the latest safety data sheet.