Epoxy Moisture Barrier AS-2507 is a solvent-free, two-component epoxy moisture barrier that is specially formulated to form a protective coating against both moisture and vapor on flooring foundations. It has excellent adhesion and prepares the surface for subsequent flooring adhesives.
The moisture resistance test carried out in accordance with the standard (ASTM E96/E96M-16) shows the amazing vapor barrier properties of the Alseal product 0.082 g / (m2.h).
Thanks to the combination of Moisture Barrier AS-2507 and Alseal MS Polymer AS-4030 high modulus flooring adhesive, this coefficient is practically reduced to zero. Both are environmentally friendly and will bring your projects to a higher level of safety in your environment.
ALSEAL epoxy moisture barrier AS-2507 is suitable as a moisture barrier layer for various applications such as timber, vinyl flooring, concrete, fiber cement, stone, masonry, structural plywood, brick, etc. It also promotes adhesion for porous substrates such as concrete.
Instructions for use
Preparation of the base
1. The surface of the substrate must be dry and clean, free from dirt, grease, oil, or standing water.
2. Repair any cracks, if any, prior to application.
1. Use clean mixing containers. Mix materials using mechanical mixing equipment.
2. Stir the two components separately before mixing.
3. Mix only the amount of material that can be applied within the limited “open time”. Do not re-process hardened or hardened material; remove such material from the site.
4. Scrape off the container slides and continue stirring for a few minutes.
1. Apply the mixture with a brush or roller at a rate of approximately 3 m2 per liter.
2. Check the wet film regularly to make sure it is at least 300 microns.
3. Allow the base coat to harden for at least 4 hours. Make sure the first coat is dry before applying the second coat at right angles to the first.
4. Very porous concrete may require 3 coats for maximum performance.
5. Allow the final coat to dry for at least 24 hours before applying any other adhesives or processing chemicals.
Not recommended for applications below 10 °C or above 85% humidity. AS-2507 is not a trafficable surface and must be covered with conventional floor or wall tiles. AS-2507 may turn yellowish when exposed to sunlight or UV light over time.
|Dimensions||50 × 22 × 24 cm|
|Specific gravity||: 1.13 (Resin) | 1.16 (Hardener)|
|Colour||: White (Resin) | Grey (Hardener)|
|After mix colour||: Light grey|
|Mixing ratio||: 1 : 1|
|Working time||: Approx. 30 mins|
|Touch dry||: 4 hours at 25 °C|
|Recoat time||: Minimum 4 hours at 25 °C|
|Cure time||: Minimum 24 hours at 25 °C|
|Application temperature||: 10 – 30 °C|
|Water vapor transmission rate (ASTM E96/E96M-16)||: 0.082 g / (m2.h)|
|Wet film thickness||: 300 microns|
|Coverage||: Approx. 3m2 per litre (single layer application)|
Caution. Keep out of children!
Causes skin irritation. May cause an allergic skin reaction. Causes serious eye irritation. Toxic to aquatic life with long-lasting effects. Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wash hands, forearms, and face thoroughly after handling. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection/hearing protection. Specific treatment (see supplemental first aid instruction on this label). If skin irritation or rash occurs: Get medical advice/attention. Collect spillage.
Causes severe skin burns and eye damage. May cause an allergic skin reaction. Avoid breathing dust/fume/gas/mist/vapours/spray. Wear protective gloves/protective clothing/eye protection/face protection/hearing protection. IF SWALLOWED: rinse mouth. DO NOT induce vomiting. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor. IF ON SKIN (or hair): Take off immediately all contaminated clothing. Rinse skin with water/shower. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor. IF IN EYES: Rinse cautiously with water for several minutes. Remove contact lenses, if present and easy to do. Continue rinsing. Immediately call a POISON CENTER or doctor. Specific treatment (see supplemental first aid instruction on this label).