Gaps Sealer AS-1000 of ALSEAL is a versatile, economical, environmentally friendly acrylic sealant for general purpose caulking and sealing applications. It is paintable and has good adhesion to most porous surfaces. The sealant is formulated with the good body thus able to withstand pressure during the installation. It is suitable for sealing gaps and joints where slight movements or vibration if occurred, could cause conventional, non-elastic fillers and putties to crack and fall off. It can be applied smoothly and easily and can be cleaned up with water.
AS-1000 Gaps Sealer is designed for general sealing applications such a doors and windows joints, built-in cabinets and wardrobes installation, architraves, skirting boards of wood flooring, etc.
It comes as main gaps sealer and suitable for various substrates such a metal, PVC, wood, concrete, gypsum boards, reinforced cement boards, marble and other building materials.
- ASTM C920 (Class 12.5) Compliant;
- Low VOC compliance (USEPA Method 24);
- Versatile & permanently flexible;
- Easy clean up with water.
Gaps Sealer AS-1000 meets the requirements of the following specifications:
- ASTM C920, Type S, Grade NS, Class 12.5, Use NT, M
- Low VOC – USEPA Method 24 and SCAQMD Method 304-91 under SCAQMD Rule 1168
- Surfaces must be clean, dry and free of dirt, grease, oil or water.
- Surfaces should be cleaned with alcohol, M.E.K. or other suitable solvents. Do not use soap or detergent.
- For a neat finish, apply masking tape and remove it before sealant skins over.
- Cut nozzle at 45° angle to the desired bead-width and apply to a substrate with a cartridge gun.
- Tool the sealant within 5 minutes of extrusion before it skins.
- Allow drying for one hour before applying water-based paint and 24 hours for oil-based paint.
- Uncured sealant can be cleaned up with a damp cloth.
- The specified bead size must be calculated taking into account the compressive and tensile properties of the sealant relative to the intended joint width due to expansion and contraction.
- The minimum bead size should not be less than 3 mm to ensure movement.
- The ratio of the width and depth of the joint in the sealant structure should be 2: 1.
Not recommended for the following applications:
- Below the waterline or permanent immersion in water.
- Areas of movement subject to abrasion.
- Joint movement is more than 12.5%.
- Outdoors if rain is expected within two hours after applying the sealant.
Ask about ALSEAL Gaps Sealer AS-1000 in all specialty building materials stores
|Dimensions||25 × 5 × 5 cm|
24 pcs cartridges box, Cartridge
|Curing system||: Water evaporation|
|Specific gravity||: 1.61 g/mL|
|Maximum tensile strength (ASTM D412)||: 1.2 N/mm²|
|Solid content||: 82 %|
|Elongation at break (ASTM D412)||: 190 %|
|Movement capability (ASTM C719)||: ±25 %|
|Shore A hardness (ASTM C661)||: 20|
|VOC content (USEPA Method 24)||: 36.97 g/L|
Keep out of reach of children. Safety data sheet available on request. For further health and safety information, consult the latest safety data sheet.